Terms & Conditions
This website has been built and is operated by Blue Guru Conservation.
Blue Guru Conservation is a Thai Limited company.
Below we outline the terms and conditions that apply when booking your holiday or accommodation with Blue Guru Conservation. These provide you with information on the following:
- What you need to do to secure your booking.
- When full payment is required.
- What happens if you need to cancel your booking.What happens if we, in those rare circumstances, need to change your booking.
What you need to know
All Blue Guru Conservation accommodation & holiday bookings are sold subject to the following conditions:
Making a booking
- Please provide all information requested to help us manage your reservation and booking as quickly as possible.
- Please book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Some bookings must be made with boat transfers from Khuraburi pier to prevent logistical complications arising from independent transfer arrangements (accommodation supplier dependent)
- All of our prices are quoted in Thai Baht.
- All amounts to be paid in advance are subject to a supplemental 10% Service Fee (this covers payment administration charges & Thai taxes) unless stated otherwise.
- Prices for advance payments may be quoted in your preferred currency for your convenience.
Paying for your holiday
- For all bookings : Full booking value to be paid in advance unless stated otherwise
- There are two ways to make payment – by Credit Card or via PayPal. Either way we will send you a secure link.
- Payment is in your preferred currency converted from Thai Baht at the current xe.com mid rate.
If you need to cancel or change your booking
For accommodation & holidays provided by Blue Guru Conservation the following cancellation policy will apply:
Deposit+Balance on arrival bookings
- Cancellation: No refund of deposit payment
- Change of booking: Made on a discretionary basis where available and at least one month before arrival date. 1 change accepted free of charge. Further changes applied at 15% of total booking value. No refunds of either deposit or balance available for downsizing booking value via a change of booking.
Fully paid bookings
- Cancellations: 30+ days before arrival. No refund of deposit.
- Cancellations 14-30 days before arrival: refund 30% of booking value
- Cancellations within 14 days before arrival: no refund.
- Change of booking: Made on a discretionary basis where available. 1 change accepted free of charge and at least one month before arrival date. Further changes applied at 15% of total booking value. No refunds of either deposit or balance available for downsizing booking value via a change of booking.
We recommend all guests take out a high quality travel insurance to cover the cost of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
What happens if we need to change your booking
- Although every effort will be made to operate as advertised, Blue Guru Conservation reserves the right (at our sole discretion and without penalty) to make alternative arrangements as we see fit if caused by poor weather conditions, medical emergency, technical problems to vehicles, flight delay or other circumstances beyond our control
- Where it is in the interest of a booking that an itinerary be shortened or altered, such alterations may be made without penalty to the company.
- We act as an agent for hotel, resort and transport companies and assume no liability in connection with their services.
- Where holidays are booked utilising the services of accommodation partners - snorkel speedboat or dive liveaboard then their terms & conditions will also come into effect
- Blue Guru Conservation will not be responsible for any act, omission, error or any injury, delay, irregularity, government regulations, theft or strikes over which we have no control.
- All divers must bring and show their certification card to be able to dive. A photocopy is not acceptable. In the event that diver certification is not proved then Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive. In this case no refund will be given.
- All divers must sign a PADI Liability Release, in accordance with standard industry practice, to be allowed to dive. In the event that the PADI Liability release is not signed then Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive. In this case no refund will be given.
- Blue Guru Conservation are not responsible for nor can be held liable for damage or loss of customer equipment or other belongings.
Like with all great Natural Marine Parks around the globe, the local Governments and Authorities impose local permit charges to all visitors. Here in Thailand we have several marine parks of this type.
The following charges will apply to all our guests visiting Similan or Surin National Parks and will either be collected as part of the trip payment:
- For diving trips Similand & Surin National Park fees are charged at the rate of 500Baht entry to each national park plus a per diem diving fee of 200Baht.
- For snorkeling trips Similan and Surin National Park fees are charged at the rate of 500Baht entry to each National Park.
Fitness for scuba diving
All divers are required to be fit to dive, for their own safety & for the safety of our staff & other customers. Blue Guru reserve the right to refuse individuals to dive if they are not considered fit to dive. This includes being hungover or under the influence of drink/drugs, given the increased risks when diving in such a condition. In these circumstances, no refund would be given.
We look forward to welcoming you to Koh Phra Thong